The Alienists

在網路上發現這部美國TNT頻道的新劇預告已有一段時間,之前一直想拿來做練習,不過資料收起來以後又忘記了,最近才想起來。這部《Alienists》改編自同名小說,以1896年的紐約為舞台,看來有點像《犯罪心理》(Criminal Minds)的模式,追查著冷血命案的兇手,對於兇手進行心理剖析。劇名 alienist 是早先用來稱呼精神科醫師、研究精神病學的專家,現在已經少用。目前則是指稱對法庭被告進行精神鑑定的精神科醫師,中文有一個「司法精神醫學」的專業領域名稱。

從預告片看來,參與的演員包括了達柯塔芬妮(Dakota Fanning)、路克伊凡斯(Luke Evans),劇情似乎也頗有可看性,適合愛看有推理劇情的人。不知亞洲地區有沒有頻道會買,希望之後可以看得到。

==

In the 19th century the mentally ill were thought to be alienated from their own nature. Experts who studied them were known as alienists.
(19世紀,精神病患被視為悖離天性)
(研究這群人的專家稱為「精神病學家」)

I’m certain cold blood killers walk among us.
冷血殺手就在我們當中

But this one is different.
但這一位並不尋常

Let me introduce you to Dr. Laszlo Kreizler.
這位是萊斯洛克萊斯勒醫師

I’ve read your work. I found it fascinating…most of it.
我讀過您的大作
引人入勝…//但不是全部

Dr.Kreizler, may I borrow your time?
克萊斯勒醫師,借一步說話

A toast to the beginning of a fruitful partnership.
為大家日後的合作乾杯

Who’s gonna die now then?
哪個人這麼無辜?

It’s another boy whore.
他也是一名男童妓

How does one nourish the ability to murder in such a depraved and ruthless manner?
怎會有人下手如此變態殘忍?

His acts are so ratchet…so evil.
他的手段極其兇殘//非常惡毒

The files were kept hidden. I found them only by chance.
這些檔案被藏起來了//是我湊巧發現

Two more boys murdered…he needs to feed his hunger like an addict.
又有兩名男孩遭殃//他必須一再滿足殺人慾望

It’s only so many times police came look the other way.
警方的偵查老是搞錯方向

Our task is to construct an image of the man.
我們要建構這名兇手的形象

We don’t yet to know him… but we will.
對方的一切尚未明朗//但我們會分析透徹

Do not let your affection for Miss Howard get into a way of logic.
別讓霍華小姐攪亂你一池春水

My affection?
怎麼會?

I’m looking for information.
我要的是資訊

And I’m willing to pay generously for it.
我願意付你一大筆錢

We know the killer’s thoughts are fixed on violence.
兇手滿腦子都是暴力思想

We get to close that violence that might as well spill over onto us.
必須加以遏止//以免敗壞社會

I must follow this wherever it goes…even if it leads me to the darkest pit of hell.
我必須緊追不捨…//下地獄也在所不惜

 

 

廣告

作者

serendipity

Living at the corner of the (Third) world, the blogger herself is still in the middle of experiencing the wonder (or shock) of life. 太平洋的小島上的一位無名人氏。至今仍然在體驗生命中的各樣驚奇(或驚嚇)。

發表迴響

在下方填入你的資料或按右方圖示以社群網站登入:

WordPress.com Logo

您的留言將使用 WordPress.com 帳號。 登出 / 變更 )

Twitter picture

您的留言將使用 Twitter 帳號。 登出 / 變更 )

Facebook照片

您的留言將使用 Facebook 帳號。 登出 / 變更 )

Google+ photo

您的留言將使用 Google+ 帳號。 登出 / 變更 )

連結到 %s